Thursday, September 6, 2012

Who is not being blessed?

I remember as a kid thinking, what difference can I make - I'm only one person!? I often kept to myself and rarely stood up for anything.  I think I was too scared and perhaps naive that I could make a difference.

As I went through high school and on to college, I started to realize and understand how each of us impacts each other's lives. This especially grew as I started my walk with Christ. When those subtle thoughts and tugs on my heart came along, I learned quickly to respond and obey.  Sometimes - that wasn't so easy.  I may have been prompted to pray for someone, or call, email, text or send someone a note letting them know that I was thinking of them and praying for their day.  It could have been something as big as a random act of kindness, paying for another person in line, or something like that.

I learned (and am still learning) not to question those promptings, because often, it is exactly when someone needs to know that they are being prayed for and thought of.

I guess the question is for today - who is not being blessed due to your own disobedience?  When you are prompted to reach out to someone (in any way) do you do it willingly and quickly or say, "Oh, I'll do that later."

1 John 3:16-18
New International Version (NIV)
16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 17 If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? 18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment