Thursday, February 23, 2012

And So We Begin...

Let me start off by telling you a little bit about me...

My name is Heather. I am married to the man of my dreams (whom I didn't meet until I was 33), I am a mom to two adorable step-sons and a beautiful little girl: Caleb, Logan and Stella, I'm a barbershop singer, I’m an event planner and most importantly a daughter of the King.

I grew up in a household of almost all girls...I have amazing parents that have shown me the importance of a relationship centered in Christ, value in communication and what a marriage should look like. They have been married for over 40 years. God is good! I have two sisters, two brothers-in-law, five nephews and five nieces (with another niece on the way).

As I sit and reflect back on my life thus far, from childhood, teenage years and my young-adult life, I, like so many, catch myself saying "Man, If I knew then what I know now...oh, the things I would do differently." [and sometimes things that upon reflection I know that I would wish them to be exactly the same way.]

I’d love to say I have lived enough to know it all – but, HA, that is the biggest joke ever. The thing I know is that I will never have all the answers; I will make more mistakes and will have to pick myself up time after time.  But, if any of my experiences can help you to feel that you are not-so-much alone, to make decisions you will be proud of…then it is worth it.

I’m praying God’s words throughout this journey so that you hear His guidance and words, not mine.

My favorite verse is Proverbs 3:5-6.  My mom gave me this verse when I was a little girl. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him and He will make your paths straight.” So many times in so many situations things just didn’t make sense. It was at those moments that this verse came back to me and helped me to be ok with the fact that I may not understand, but I can still trust Him with every step and thought, action and words that I say.

I look forward to this journey and I’m blessed to share it with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment