Saturday, February 25, 2012

When it's time to listen

So, today I’ve sat down to write this blog many different times and could never get clarity of mind as to what I was to write about.  It was so frustrating.  I felt myself thinking, "If God wanted me to do this, why isn't he giving me the topic to write about?”  I tried many times to go off a scripture I read or even over entire passages.  I started jotting down my words and still nothing worked the way I wanted it to.  It was as Chris got home from work and was asking how things went today that I expressed my sadness about not being able to get the words ‘just right.’ 
He reminded me it never had to be a long drawn out thing – it’s often best if it is just what I experienced that day.  That’s when it hit me. The whole day it was about my words, my thoughts, my experiences. I was trying to make ‘my words’ be the right thing and realized I had spent more time ‘talking’ than ‘listening.’
Oh, how often that takes place, especially in my world.  I get so many things going on in my head that I spend time swirling them around and trying to get ‘my’ point across.  Yet in the process my actions drown out God’s words.
That happens so much in our day to day world. How often do you spend your time talking over the still small whisper of the voice of God? He says in His word, “Be still and know that I am God.”  Psalm 46:10
As this journey unfolds, I am reminded that I may not be given something to share every day, but you can be certain when He places something on my heart I will share.
So the words I feel He wants to remind us all is just that… slow down, be patient, be silent and be still.  And…Listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment