Sunday, February 26, 2012

Get out of the way…

I spend a lot of time waiting for God to move. You know, for Him to provide opportunities for me to share His love, to put myself out there for the sake of the cross…only to get frustrated when I didn’t see any opportunities to seize. 
But as today unfolded, I was reminded of how many opportunities there are out there, if only I would get out of the way. If I would stop a moment to look around, to put the circumstances of my own day to day business out of the way. Only then can I be available to serve the way God desires. God longs to move through us, even though he truly doesn’t need us to do his work.  He longs to bless us through the process. 
It could have been as simple as the smile to the volunteer helpers in the Nursery this morning as a thank you for watching my daughter so I could worship with my husband. Or the hug to the woman from our womens’ group, the handshake or kind word said to the person sitting next to me.  What about the young couple that is eager to make their marriage better and asked for a moment of our time to talk…I came away from that conversation so much more blessed than I ever thought possible. And best of all reading the Veggie Tale Bible stories with our boys over thousands of miles. Hearing them laugh and shout “God made you special and He loves you very much!”
There were so many ways God desired to move today and once I got out of the way…He blessed me in the process.  What a gift! 
1 Peter 4:9-11
New International Version (NIV)
“9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.”

1 comment:

  1. It really is more of a blessing to be able to help others than we can ever imagine! If everyone were to take even a moment of their time to say a kind word, i can only imagine how different this world would be. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete